As a first year school librarian, I'm already thinking about what I'll do different
next year! I posted a discipline question before, and got some great suggestions
for classroom discipline/behavior management. But many of the ideas seem that they
would work best for a regular classroom teacher and would involve a lot of tracking
and/or expense if you have more than 20 or so students. It's difficult to use a
reward system (let alone multiple systems) for grades 1-5 when I am in two schools
and have about 700 students. For example, the marble-in-the jar plan seems like a
great idea, but what do you offer as a reward without driving yourself nuts with
food or candy rewards, or the expense of prizes? Maybe I'm just looking for a magic
bullet that doesn't exist?

I'd like to hear from anyone who is in a similar situation as me, or who has ideas
for behavior management for a librarian with 30 some classes! I'll post a hit if
anyone is interested.

TIA,

Amanda Power
Middletown School District