I need some help with security settings in Internet Explorer. I recenlty
had a student go in and set the security with password so that we could not
get into ANY web sites. We tried to fix it using directions from a
Microsoft site but the fix only worked for one login. Due to some time
constraints we decided to reimage the machine.

I know that there has to be an easier way to take care of this. We tried
going in and setting a password ahead of time so that students couldn't set
a password. But that setting meant no one could go to any web sites.

I know there has to be a solution. How can we go in and set security up so
that no one besides an administrator can make security settings of any kind
in internet explorer. We don't want to limit use of web sites etc, we just
don't want someone else to do that either.

On another note - I would also like to be able to restrict students from
downloading toolbars, search assistance and the like into Explorer. Back
when we had windows 3.11 I used a nice inexpensive little program "Win
Safe" which allowed me to lock down some parts of windows. Does anyone have
a way to set internet explorer so that no new toolbars etc can be loaded?

Deborah J. Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden Germany
now proudly on the web at http://www.wies-hs.eu.dodea.edu