As always, you folks are the BEST!

I had 4 responses to my request (see below) within 15 minutes!  Each of you
suggested the book Flatland.  The Amazon.com description is

From Amazon.com:
Flatland : A Romance of Many Dimensions (Dover Thrift Editions)
[UNABRIDGED]
by Edwin A. Abbott

Unless you're a mathematician, the chances of you reading any novels
about geometry are probably slender. But if you read only two in your
life, these are the ones. Taken together, they form a couple of
accessible and charming explanations of geometry and physics for the
curious non-mathematician. Flatland, which is also available under
separate cover, was published in 1880 and imagines a two-dimensional
world inhabited by sentient geometric shapes who think their planar
world is all there is. But one Flatlander, a Square, discovers the
existence of a third dimension and the limits of his world's assumptions
about reality and comes to understand the confusing problem of higher
dimensions. The book is also quite a funny satire on society and class
distinctions of Victorian England.

I've forwarded the info to my colleague and I suspect you all are correct.  (If
not, I'll send another TAR!).

Thanks so much for your quick responses (she'll be amazed!!!).

The original request was for a book with the following description:
It is not a very long book. It involves people living in different
dimensions who are therefore unaware of people in other dimensions -
i.e. if you lived in a totally flat world you would be unable to
comprehend the concept of "up". It includes some reference to a dot and
how it could be on a line, but then if it moved off it couldn't be seen
because the line was one dimensional etc. This was then followed through
to two and three dimensions. At the end the reader was asked to wonder
about other dimensions, what they may be and how we would be affected.
It might (or might not...) be by Isaac Asimov.

Lou Murray Gorvett
Library Technician
Canadian Martyrs Elementary School
Waterloo Catholic District School Board