Hi all, I was hoping to get a definitive answer on how to create a works cited
citation for and how to do a parenthetical citation for a piece of literary
criticism published in a compendium such as Novels for Students, Contemporary
Authors, etc.

Here is the info I have for an article.  How would you create the MLA citation for
it and how would you parenthetically cite it?

In Novels for Students, there is an article by C.W. Sullivan III.  Info:  "J.R.R.
Tolkien's The Hobbit: The Magic of Words," in Touchstones: Reflections on the Best
in Children's Literature, Children's Literature Association, 1985, pp. 253-60.  The
Novels for Students info is Volume 8, Marie Rose Napierkowski and Deborah A
Stanley, Editors.  Published by Gale Group (Detroit) in 2000.  The C.W. Sullivan
article is on pages 106 to 112 of Novels for Students.

What would be the Works Cited entry for this?  And how would I cite it
parenthetically?  And if there were no author, but an editor?  And if there were no
author nor editor cited?

Please help me if you can.  I have to say something authoritative by Monday on
this!

I will post a HIT.  TIA!

Marie Slim, LMT, MLIS
La Habra High School