Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Please use my historical fiction site
http://bookgirl3.tripod.com/historicalfiction.html

*******

http://www.calvertnet.k12.md.us/schools/hes/hes_reading_patch_scifi.html

*******

we are just finishing up our month of focus on the
genre of science fiction for our yearly reading
program. I have a list of books posted at the
following site. They are  books available at the local
public library. I'm sure your hit will be welcome.
Perhaps my list will be a start.
http://www.websterschools.org/classrooms/state_library/science_books.html

******

http://www.goldenduck.org/

******

http://www.sfwa.org/

******

Try this site for finding picture books by topic:
http://www.lib.muohio.edu/pictbks/search/

******

Please make use of my historical fiction site
http://bookgirl3.tripod.com/historicalfiction.html
within each grouping are picture books, if I know
about them.

******

Books for many of those genres are in our Yearlong
Reading Program's booklists on this page:
http://www.websterschools.org/classrooms/state_library/booklists.html

******

Go to: http://www.lib.muohio.edu/pictbks/search and
select the alphabetical search and look up whatever
terms you want:-)

******

While reading your posting a light suddenly went on.
I am at home so don't have the store stock or a
library collection to back me up, but I'll bet that
Patricia Polacco has written something that will fit
in each of your genres. Now if I can only remember
possible titles.
Historical  "Pink and Say", "Butterfly", and "The
Keeping Quilt", Fantasy "Rencheka's Eggs", "Babushka's
Doll", Mystery ???, Drama "Chicken Sunday", "Trees of
the Dancing Goats", "Renchenka's
Eggs", "Thank You Mr. Faulkner" Adventure  the one
about her rotten red-headed brother, the one about
her birthday,Science Fiction, "Meteor"

You might also use Daniel Pinkwater books for fantasy,
mystery, adventure, drama and science fiction,  they
are much funnier but the pictures are
not as wonderful as Polacco's.

******

Historical Fiction
The Christmas Tapestry
So Far from the Sea
The Unbreakable Code
Fa Mulan
Pink and Say
The Keeping Quilt
Grandfather's Journey
The Always Prayer Shawl
The Making of a Knight
Rocks in His Head
any of the "Little House" picture books by Renee Graef
Sweet Clara and the Freedom Quilt by Deborah
Hopkinson.
Boxes for Katje
The Sea Chest by Toni Buzzeo
the Claude books by Noble and Byars
The Golly Sisters
Train to Somewhere
Jean Van Leevuen has Going West
The Batboy and his violin -- negro leagues
Dakota Dugout (Ann Turner) -- 1800's
When the soldiers were gone (short chapter book) --
WWII
The Blue and the gray (Eve Bunting)
Going West (Van Leeuwen, Jean)
Amelia and Eleanor Go For a Ride by Pam Munoz Ryan
Pink and Say by Patricia Polacco.
Pepe, the lamplighter
The Potato Man
Ox-cart Man
Stevenson's Don't You Know there's a War on?
Wagon wheels    Brenner, Barbara
Milly and the Macy's parade Corey, Shana.
Lewis & Papa: adventure on the Santa Fe Trail
Dandelions  Bunting, Eve
Nine for California Levitin, Sonia
Warm as wool    Sanders, Scott R
Nine for California by Levitin
Casey Over There by Rabin (great for Veterans' Day)
Mailing May by Tunnell
The Babe and I by Adler
Nine For California
Pink and Say
Sister Anne's Hands
Goin' Someplace Special
They Came from the Bronx
Drummer Boy: Marching to the Civil War
Sam, the Minuteman
The Blue and the Gray
Virgie Goes to School with us Boys
Where the Forest Meets the Sea
Alice Ramsey's Great Adventure
Where the Buffalo Roam
A Place Called Freedom
"Togo" by Blake
HENRY HIKES  TO FITCHBERG
Dinner at the Liberty Diner by Kirk (FDR presidency)
Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree by Houston(WWI)
Hatmaker's Sign (Revolutionary times)
A Bus of Their Own
Encounter

Fantasy
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Flat Stanley
George Shrinks
Pocket Rocks
A Bad Case of Stripes
and many of the Dr. Seuss books!
Bad Day at Riverbend,
Jumanji, or anything by Chris Van Allsburg
The Flying Dragon Room
PIGGIE PIE  by Pallatini
Abuela
Shrek
Daring Dog and Captain Cat, Where the
Wild Things Are
Heckety Peg by Woods

Mystery
Cranberry Mystery
The Robbery at the Diamond Dog Diner  by Eileen
Christelow
Mystery of the Blue Paint by Steven Kellogg
Mystery of the Green Ball by Steven Kellogg
The 13th Clue by Ann Jonas
Piggins by Jane Yolen
Mystery on the Docks by Thacher Hurd
Something Queer at the ...series by Elizabeth Levy
Nate the Great series by Sharmat
Young Cam Jansen series by Adler
The Great Escape from City Zoo by Tohby Riddle
The Case of the ... series by Crosby Bonsall
Miss Mallard series by R. Quackenbush
Black and White by David Macaulay
The Mystery of King Karfu by Doug Cushman
The Web Files by Margie Palatini
The Wretched Stone by Chris Van Allsburg
The Stranger by Chris Van Allsburg
The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg
Louanne's Valentine Mystery by Carlson
Mystery of the Missing Mitten by Kellogg
Grandpa's Teeth by Clement
Rollo and Tweedy and the Ghost at Dougal Castle by
Allen
The Mystery of Sara Beth by Polly Putnam
The High-Rise Private Eyes series by Cynthia Rylant
(ex. The Case of the Sleepy Sloth)
Nate the Great
Something Queer books
Web Files by Palantini
Jonas' THE THIRTEENTH CLUE
Young Cam Jansen series
Case of the Anteater's lunch (and other in the series)
by Binnimin
Detective Valentine by A. Woods

Drama
not sure what you want here, but there are several
books that are about Xmas pageants or plays;
Amazing Grace [Peter Pan play]

Adventure
Dr. DeSoto Goes to Africa
Mirette on the High Wire
Shortcut
Boundless Grace
Polacco's THUNDER CAKE
Togo

Science Fiction
June 29, 1999
Nova's Ark
Zathura, by Chris Van Allsburg
How about First Graders From Mars?  a cute new
series....
Baloney (Henry P.) by Jon Scieszka
Minnie and Moo Save the Earth by Denys Cazet
The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
Tinker and Tom and the Star Baby by David McPhail
Space Guys by Martha Weston
Aliens for Lunch by Stephanie Spinner
Aliens for Dinner by Stephanie Spinner
Aliens for Breakfast by Stephanie Spinner
Alien Opposites by Matthew Van Fleet
Hush, Little Alien by Daniel Kirk
Moonboy by Carolyn Garcia
Here Come the Aliens! By Colin McNaughton
Minnie and Moo Save the Earth by Denys Cazet
George Hogglesberry: Grade School Alien by Sarah
Wilson
Alien Olympics by Stephen Cole
Alien Invasions by Benjamin Kendall
A to Z Aliens with Tattoos by Monique Z. Stephens
Company's Coming by Arthur Yorinks
Aliens from Earth by Mary Batten
Aliens Took My Daughter by Little Friend Press
The Kuekumber Kids Meet the Alphabet Alien by Pu E.
Sutton
First Day on a Strange New Planet by Dan Yaccarino
Big Science Fair! By Dan Yaccarino
Zoom! Zoom! Zoom!: I'm off to the Moon by Dan
Yaccarino
Patrick's Dinosaurs by Carol Carrick
What Happened to Patrick's Dinosaur? by Carol Carrick
Patrick's Dinosaurs on the Internet by Carol Carrick
The Experiements of Dr. Vermin or Commander Toad
Marshall's SPACE CASE
Krptic the little space guy by Shrive
The Wump World by Peet

http://mail.yahoo.com