Thanks to all those who have responded to my request.  The principal at the
fifth grade school wants to purchase a book for all our 4th graders to read in
May. She will then purchase another in the series for them to read over the
summer. Hopefully this will keep them reading and they can continue the series
at the fifth grade school in the fall. I have listed all the suggestions I have
received so far. I can tell you my principal will be impressed. She emailed
me the information on Saturday (I have access to my school mail at home) so by
Monday I will have several ideas for her to look at. Right now I am leaning
toward Andrew Clements. The half the fourth graders have read Frindle (we have a
class set) and the other half will be reading it soon. So we could carry on
with Andrew Clements. I especially would like them to perhaps read The Report
Card. I think many of the students will identify with the students in the books
since we will be finishing up TAKS testing (state testing) soon. There are so
many suggestions I think it may be hard to select one.
I will post another hit if I receive anymore suggestions.Thanks again for the

The Series of Unfortunate Events--Snicket
Lloyd Alexander's Pydian Chronicles
The Chet Gecko Mysteries
The Spiderwick Chronicles
Mary Pope Osborne's retelling of the Odyssey
Tales from the House of Bunnicula
Andrew Clements-- Frindle-- Jake Drake series
Among the Hidden" by Margaret Peterson Haddix.  There are four more in the
series
Magic Tree House
Secrets of Droon
Shredderman
Joey Pigzia series
Franny K. Stein
HEnry Winkler books.
Goosebumps
Ricky Ricotta
Captain Underpants
Time Warp Trio
Chet Gecko
Harry Potter
Narnia
Alex Rider series
Royal Diaries
Hank the Cowdog
Dear America
Shadow Children (Among the Hidden, etc.)
Animal Ark
Amber Brown

Anna Russell
Librarian