Happy Spring Break!
Our break is ending soon and I must turn my mind to lesson plans.  I would like a
clever game or way to teach shelving by Dewey to 4th and 5th grades.  We work on
this, but judging from the shape of the shelves, quite a few of the kids don't "get
it" yet.

I do truncate the first number after the decimal to make it easier, but they don't
quite understand how to put the book on the shelf according to the number and the
author's last name.

Jan Cole
Librarian
Horace Mann School