I am sorry this went out without my full name and
affiliation
GraceAnne DeCandido
New York City
part-time lecturer, children's and YA literature, Rutgers
SCILS online

The honorable GraceAnne Andreassi DeCandido wrote on 23 Mar 2005

> The musical is very VERY different from the book, and I
> think your son's class will enjoy it very much.
>
> GraceAnne
> The honorable Rose Ann Heilemann wrote on 23 Mar
2005

> > I am a little nervous about this hit.  I have not read the
> > book, but my 8th grade son''s school is going to be
seeing
> > this play in Toronto next month.  Is the play going to
be
> as
> > sexually graphic as some of you mentioned?  If it is I am
> > going to talk to the music department to pull out of it.
> > Please advise.
> >

> > Rose Ann Heilemann
> > SLMS
> > Errick Road Elementary
> > libinfocom@aol.com
> >

> “I think we should read books, and tell children stories,
> and take them to the theatre, and learn poems, and play
> music, as if it would make a difference.  I think that while
> believing that the school of morals is probably  doomed,
we
> should act as if it were not. We should act as if the
> universe  were listening to us and responding; we should
act
> as if life were going  to win. We should act as if we were
> celebrating a wedding: we should act  as if we were
> attending the marriage of responsibility and delight."
>
> ~Philip Pullman, Univ. of East Anglia lecture, 3 March
2005
> http://www.philip-
pullman.com/pages/content/index.asp?PageID
> =113

> -------- All LM_NET postings are protected by copyright
law.
> To change your LM_NET status, e-mail to:
> listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER: 1)
> SIGNOFF LM_NET  2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL 3) SET
LM_NET MAIL  4)
> SET LM_NET DIGEST  * Allow for confirmation.
LM_NET Help &
> Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ Archive:
> http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/ EL-Announce
with