Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a formula/standard for the following? I work in
New Jersey but I would be interested to hear about the budget in your state
and how it is determined or is it just a set amount that you have no say
about.

-spending per student
-number of books per student
-amount that you budget should increase each year
-number of new books per student

My budget is the same as it was in 1991.It has gone up and down but  I think
that this is totally unacceptable and that the library should be well funded
since it is well used. Can anyone send me info or articles to justify
wanting more money.

The former librarian used to multiply the average cost of a book x number of
students to equal her budget. Does anyone else do this?

Sharon

Sharon L. Boyle, Teacher Librarian
Old York Library
Branchburg, NJ