Hello Everyone!

My name is Jessica Yost, and I am a graduate student at Mansfield University of
Pennsylvania. In May, I will complete my Master's degree in K-12 School Library and
Information Technologies. I am currently preparing part of a presentation for a
conference in Massachusetts titled "Canada's Game? Critical Perspectives on Ice
Hockey and Identity." I am working on this presentation with Dr. Celeste Burns (a
professor in our Education Department) and another graduate student. At this time,
I am collecting information for our presentation, titled "Passing it on:  Hockey in
Canadian Children's Literature." As a result, I have a brief, 5 question survey
that I would like to get to Canadian Librarians (preferably school librarians, but
the response from public librarians would certainly be appreciated as well).

I would GREATLY appreciate any responses to this survey. Thanks for your time!
Below are the survey questions.

Have a nice afternoon!
Sincerely,
Jessica Yost
Mansfield University
School Library and Information Technologies Program
yostj@mnsfld.edu or frostyriver9@excite.com

Survey Questions:

1. Is Canadian National Identity developed in anyway through children’s literature?
If so, what types of literature?

2. To what extent do children in your library select books pertaining to hockey?

3. Do boys tend to select books on hockey more often then girls?

4. Do you think there is a relationship between hockey and Canadian National
Identity?

5. What books about hockey are selected most often in your library? (Please provide
us with a brief list of popular hockey books that you are aware of.) Also, what
books depict ethnic groups in hockey?

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com