Hello All,

I have just been asked by our high school's Vietnamese exchange student about how
his father can set up and maintain a library in their home in Ho Chi Minh City.  He
is specifically interested in the maintainence of the books in the high
temperatures and humidity.  Since I have no experience outside of my two Michigan
libraries (school where it is air conditioned & home where it isn't, but relatively
low temps and humidity), I need some help in giving him advice.

So far, I have told him that a de-humidifier might be important.  He has also asked
about the protective covers I put on the books here in the high school, but I told
him that those are mostly due to the high volume of use and carelessness of
students.

Do any of you have any experience in protecting books in a similar climate to
theirs in Vietnam and advice you can pass on through me?

Thanks,

Deb Sherrod
Beaverton High School
Beaverton, Michigan