I received several suggestions for books to girls graduation from
college:

I'd like to suggest:  "The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous and Broke"
by Suze Orman.
As a college graduate, this young lady may want to better understand her
financial situation and make long-range plans for a successful future.
I have the book--and plan to give it to my son who is starting college
in the fall.  I love Suze Orman's advice about money, financial
situations, and how to plan ahead for those things that we often aren't
taught--even in college!

I believe that Maria Shriver's college graduation address several years
ago
was published in book form.

Well don't know if this is what you had in mind but Oprah suggested and
I wished I had read "He's just not that into you"  It's a no nonsense
book about not making excuses for unsatisfying relationships.  I read it
recently. It's rather new.

We purchased Desiderata: words for life by Max Ehrmann for our daughter.
It's the wonderful poem illustrated with beautiful photographs. She
really
seemed to like it. She also received The Purpose Driven Life by Rick
Warren,
and that is really good, too. I know she has really read it through.

I have started to give Dr. Seuss' Oh The Places You'll Go to either
high school or college grads.

My daughter is also graduating college next month.  I was wondering what
book to give her.
When she graduated high school I gave her Oh the Places You'll Go.
David
Macaulay is doing the commencement address (I'm not sure why) so I will
be
giving her Black and White.  But, I was looking for something else.

Thanks for all the great ideas!!
Chris

Chris Palmer
Middle School Librarian