Wise ones,
I hope you will be able to advise me about the best course to take in this
political situation.  Our school has undergone some upheaval in the last year.
Late in the summer, a powerful group of alumni forced the resignation of our
long-time principal with whom I had a very good working relationship.  After an
interim principal was appointed, I was removed from the academic council, told I
was subordinate to the director of technology and pretty effectively silenced in
any effort to participate in the direction of the school. (yes, I am looking for a
job.....)  Today I received the minutes for the academic council's last meeting
wherein they decided that they will mandate summer reading for all of our students.
 Faculty committee members from the council will be deciding on the books to be
read.  My question is this -- do I offer any assistance or input or do I keep my
mouth shut unless or until I am asked?  The minutes were distributed to the entire
faculty (at least they haven't yet decided I'm not a faculty member!).  If this
were you, what would you do?  Thanks for your dispassionate view.
Monica Williams-Mitchell
Purcell Marian High School
Cincinnati, OH
monicawilliamsmitchell@purcellmarian.org