Last summer I taught primary school students in our remedial summer program.  The
materials I was given were way too advanced for my students, i.e., my entering 1st
graders were expected to read/write paragraphs in the booklet and yet many of them
could not connect a letter's sound w/the letter itself.

My principal has asked me to find materials to use with them this summer.  Any
suggestions?  Incidently we just started using the Scott Foresman's series.  Many
thanks in advance.

Kristina Fallon, librarian
Robert Morris School
South Bound Brook NJ