Date:    Mon, 2 May 2005 20:03:48  -0400
From:    Lin Zop  <linzop@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject: Re: librarians pulled for  subbing?

If you were in New York City, this would not occur unless you  were in a mini
school or special school. I believe that it's a bit much to do as  much as
you are doing. However, I think there is another issue involving you and  your
principal. More experienced librarians do it now and then just to help out,
but I think you should find another school. Be careful, your principal has
formed an opinion concerning how she views the library and what she freels about
you. If she thinks that you are not a team player and not concerned about the
students, you may be out of a job, completely, or you will find it hard to
get a  good rec from her. If I were you, I would happily do the coverages and do
 booktalks or some library activity with them. Then you will be leaving the
school with a positive evaluation from the principal.This is especially
important if you are new. Rochester is a big city but the principal pipeline is
very small and powerful.   Good luck.  Linda