Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention the shelves on the wall over the counter,
which hold a bin of books to be repaired, two printers, books to be
processed, a box of packing supplies, a three-drawer cabinet for supplies,
and 3-ring binders for auxiliary funds paperwork, book orders that have been
sent out, magazine subscription information, automation system information,
equipment manuals and warranties, back copies of School Library Workshop and
Library Sparks (my Teacher-Librarians are at home on my "Places I have been
Published" shelf), catalogues like Demco's that are too heavy for the file
drawer folders, and a small collection of books pertaining to running a
library, putting on an author visit, and so on.

My problem is, my office is only a largish corner of the library, walled off
with two tall metal cabinets and a bookcase. No doors, no way to hide the
cluuer, and a princiapl who is really into the neat, tidy llok. <sigh> So,
it's a constant struglle to keep things looking decent while still getting
stuff done. I clear off my desk every day before I leave, except for one
small stack of stuff to take care of the next day, but setting up and
clearing away does take away from time available to work. However, my
principal is happy with me and that's what counts, I guess.

Betty Winslow, Media Center Director
BGCA
Bowling Green, OH
bgcalib@wcnet.org