Friends, I only have had one addition since I posted my hit, so I will revise for
the sake of
the archives and wish you many enjoyable hours of reading and looking for Hidden
Things.

Pam

Hidden Things in Picture Books:
revised 10/31/2005

Marc Brown's Arthur books, name his children Tolen, Tucker and Eliza.

Peter Spier always puts a cat in his pictures.

Jan Brett hides a hedgehog in all of her books

Mark Buehner illustrator & author

Find the Cat, Elaine Livermore

I Spy Books

Where's Waldo

Aliki's Shakespeare and the Theater has a self-portrait in it in
the last audience scene.

Keith Baker in Hide and Snake has cleverly taken something from
pages 1 and 2 and tucked them in on pages 3 and 4; something
from 3 and 4 and put it on 5 and 6 and so on.

Mercer Mayer - Little Critter books; some have a mouse on every page.
Others have a grasshopper and a spider

Here's the original site I was searching for though it was more detailed in 2000:
http://nancykeane.com/rl/171.htm

Link to site with 'searching type books'
http://monroe.lib.in.us/childrens/booklists/waldobib.html

Pamela Berberich, Library Media Technician
Anza Elementary School
El Cajon, CA
BERBERICHP@cajonvalley.net
pberberich@cox.net