Hi, everyone.  I got a few hits from my TARGET on using  Portaportal.  Hope
they will be useful.  Thanks so much to those who answered!    Debbie

Original query:
Hi, my name is Debbie McQuillen.  I would like to TARGET->Using Portaportal.
  I just went to the VEMA conference and saw a presentation about using
Portaportal.  I would like to know if anyone on LM_NET has ever used it as a
way to direct students to specific sites.  Please respond if you've used it
and I'll compile the answers and post a HIT on the topic back to the entire
LM_NET.  I'd like to include your e-mail addresses so please let me know if
you'd like to remain anonymous.  Thanks for your help.

Debbie McQuillen - Computer Teacher (hopefully soon to be an LMS)
Hines Middle School, Newport News, VA
dramateacher76@hotmail.com

This is just one of several companies that offer these services ... you can
find a fuller list (including Portaportal) at:

http://www.shambles.net/pages/learning/ict/favourites/

Regards

Chris
Chris Smith <csmith@csmith.info>
Hey Debbie, I have used it for over 3 years. I love it! My first year in the
library I would ask the kids to type in the web address and by the time it
was done correctly most of the class was over. Using Portaportal I can tell
the students what link to click on and there are right were they need to be.
I have even thought about putting my favorites on Portaportal. My only
concern is that one day the site will disappear along with all of my links.
Patricia H. Gray pgray@fcps1.org Librarian, Ritchie Elementary New
Most teachers in my school use it and they LOVE it- even the technophobes.
Geneveive Gallagher <ggallagher@k12albemarle.org>
I use it myself and think it would be a great way to provide sites for kids.
  I will look forward to your HIT.  I show this site to everyone I am
helping.It is certainly in the top five sites in my book. Tracy
Tracy Magin <ttmagin@yahoo.com>