[EXCUSE THE CROSS-POSTINGS.....]

A kindergarten teacher has asked me for suggestions of picture books which
deal with the importance of being "well-balanced" in life -- in the sense of
varying the activities you choose.

I am drawing a complete blank!

While you're thinking, could you also brainstorm picture books that deal
with the importance of being "open-minded" in life? That was thrown at me a
few weeks ago and the book I came up with -- "No, I Will Not Ever Never Eat
a Tomato" by Lauren Child -- seemed to be sufficient, but I'd like to expand
the possibilities for the next time I'm asked that.

These particular qualities -- being well-balanced and being open-minded --
are not terms usually covered in the standard lists of desirable character
traits for which book lists have been compiled by those interested in
character education (e.g., courage, humility, and teasing as in Nancy
Keane's "Values" book lists -- http://nancykeane.com/rl/#Values )

I will post a hit for both traits, if I get any response.

Thanks,

Katie

Katie Day
day.katie@gmail.com