I've been encouraged to share with the list. After 6 years on the job I
finally got the courage to get rid of the tables and chairs in the
children's room in my library. I saw the coolest units at ALA and
obsessed for about  4 months.  The parents raised the money for
light-weight moveable vinyl covered shapes.  For writing work we use
clipboards. It has been great. We have comfortable seating for my
lessons. We can move everything around quickly for transitions. The
older kids like 3rd graders help set up for the next class of 4 year
olds. The students learned quickly that they can make reading pods and
caves for quiet reading time and move everything back to class set-up in
less than three minutes. I like the big shapes like unit blocks the
best. I have oak milking stools for in front of the computers. We've had
them for over a year, they are easy to clean and have been holding up
great. http://www.agati.com/childrens/childrens_blocks.htm

Lisa Von Drasek
Children's Librarian
Bank Street College of Education