I hope I can make that session!  It sounds intriguing
for both my 6-12 students and my "Library Research
through Technology" students at SUNY Plattsburgh. I
spend a great deal of time in our 8 week course
teaching the databases and can always use a fresh
perspective.

AND, I will be watching for LM_NET pins and other gear
as I rush around the conference!

See many of you soon, Sara Kelly Johns

PS--hope those not there will follow the conference on
the first AASL blog that Alice Yucht has spearheaded:

--- Frances Aley <fdaley@GWI.NET> wrote:

> I'll also be presenting at AASL in Pittsburgh so am
> hoping to meet as
> many LM_NET friends as possible.  My session is
> entitled "Behind the
> Net: Improved Search Skills for Students Using
> Hidden Databases".  The
> program is set for Saturday from 1:30 to 2:45 in
> CC315/316.  Please join me!
>
> The program description reads:
> Instead of Googling and surfing, turn your students
> on to more valid,
> authoritative information they can find using the
> invisible, deep or
> hidden web. We're not talking about the paid
> databases here, but hidden
> ones the search engines don't search. Get tips and
> tricks for hooking
> students to this method of searching and tools for
> locating some of
> them. Lots of site sharing for better information
> location. Join us with
> your own best searching techniques.
>

> --
> Francie Aley
> Boothbay Region HS
>       Home of the Information Resource Retrievers!!
>
>       Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
>       http://www.gwi.net/brhs/
>        "Lifelong learning through the power of
> information"
>

>                                               "Anyone who stops learning is old,
>whether at
> twenty or eighty.
> Anyone who keeps learning stays young.  The greatest
> thing in life is to
> keep your mind young." --Henry Ford

> Please note: All LM_NET postings are protected by
> copyright law.
>   You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting
> LM_NET postings
>   by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail
> address book.
> To change your LM_NET status, e-mail to:
> listserv@listserv.syr.edu
> In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)
> SET LM_NET NOMAIL
> 3) SET LM_NET MAIL  4) SET LM_NET DIGEST  * Allow
> for confirmation.
>  * LM_NET Help & Information:
> http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
>  * LM_NET Archive:
> http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
>  * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select:
> http://elann.biglist.com/sub/
>  * LM_NET Supporters:
> http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html

Lake Placid Middle/Senior HS LMC
34 School Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946
518-523-2474, ext. 4132
FAX: 518-523-4861
johns@northnet.org
SaraKJohns@aol.com

"Information is the currency of democracy." -- Thomas Jefferson