My county has FINALLY taken care of most of the problem by installing
networked Symantec antivirus software that is centralized to automatically
update each work station in the county regularly. That doesn't solve the
problem of un-reliability of floppy disks, particularly in a school that has
both Windows XP and Windows 98 computers. Since the formatting for diskettes
is different on each platform, we're finding that the diskette gets
partially or completely scrambled if it's used on the different platforms.
Eventually, we'll have everything upgraded to Windows XP, and we are
converting to CD burners on all computers, but that is going to take time.

We can't use FTP on our school computers, so I don't know if Yahoo briefcase
will work, but I'm definitely going to try it. It sounds like a GREAT
solution.

Deb Waugh

Librarian

Graham High School