We have links to over 400 authors/illustrator sites at:
http://www.mcelmeel.com/curriculum/authorlinks.html
These are sites that are hosted by the author/illustrator themselves
-- as opposed to commercial sites.  The content is the responsibility
of the subject or someone they "hire."

Check out the author site
http://www.mcelmeel.com/curriculum/authorlinks.html

and the state choice award sites at
http://www.mcelmeel.com/curriculum/bookawards.html

Suggestions for additions to these two sites are always welcome.

Sharron

At 1:03 PM -0600 10/02/05, Davinna wrote:
>Hi.  An 8th grade English teacher is bringing in 3 of her classes next
>week so they can work on an author biography project.  She wants them to
>do their research on the computers.  Each student can choose the author
>they'd like to study, whether the author be classic, popular, young
>adult or adult.  We have Novelist which contains some author
>biographies.  Periodical databases can bring up author interviews, and
>web searches will bring up many author web sites.  Do any of you know of
>any great web sites that lead to or provide author biographies?

Sharron L. McElmeel
http://www.mcelmeel.com

McBookwords (a literacy organization)
http://www.mcbookwords.com/

Instructor - University of Wisconsin-Stout
http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/childrenslit

3000 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411-9548

ph. (319) 393-2562
fax (319) 393-4749 (If line is busy, initiate a voice call and ask
that the line be made available for a fax transmission.)
mcelmeel@mcelmeel.com