I have heard back from Answers.com regarding my inquiry about the list of "over
100+ reference sources" used to compile their information for their website.  At
this point, we are looking at only 96 reference sources left to be provided...if
you count Wikipedia as a "reliable reference" to be used.

I have written back to request a detailed list of their reference sources, since I
couldn't possibly figure out what was being used based upon the information that
they provide on each entry that is listed for each question. (See their response to
better understand what I mean---)

Also, it seems that they are also very excited about the "citation" component of
the website, which would be useful in the research process if the information on
the website IS correct.  However, I am still working on the first question---"where
do you get your information?"  I'll take care of the citation aspect once I can
verify that the information IS correct.

Here's their response:
Dear Shonda,

Thank you for contacting Answers.com.

Every answer you receive from Answers.com has a Copyrights box at the
bottom of the page, with details of the sources cited in that particular
article. For example, if you look up Fort Worth
(http://www.answers.com/Fort+Worth), you'll find bibliographic details
for Houghton Mifflin, Columbia University Press, WordNet, Wikipedia and
more.

Better yet, to help your students build their bibliographies, click the
Cite link beside each source. This will provide them with all the
details they need, in whichever format you prefer.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or comments
about Answers.com.

Sincerely yours,
Alan Baklor
Answers Customer Support
http://www.answers.com
The Answer Engine

I did feel free to contact them again with further questions.  I'll keep you
updated on those when / if they arrive.

(Keep asking questions!)

~Shonda

Shonda Brisco, MLIS