I am curious.  For some of us with ready access to the free web, plus a
good collection of research databases - our non-fiction collections are
beginning to gather dust.  Students in this school still use SOME books
for certain projects- but more often they head to the computer.  Even my
reference money is shifting to online resources as traditional reference
publishers like Gale provide more of their titles every year in e-book
format.

I am wrestling with my book selection process.  Should I spend my money
primarily on fiction and the kind of non-fiction that students read for
fun?  We have a lot of avid readers and there is never enough money to
keep up with all the series they get involved in, not to mention the ALA
best books for young adults lists, etc. etc.  etc.  On the other hand -
a library without the typical "research paper books"?  Hmmmm.......
Should I cut those kind of books out completely or just allocate a
smaller piece of the pie?

What are other LM_NETTERS doing?  I will post a hit.

Jacquie

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for
poetry and to put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American
way."

From The Philadelphia Inquirer, 9-20-03
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)