The Alliance Library System, www.LibrariesMatter.com,
and TumbleBooks Inc are pleased to announce the launch
of a new animated online book entitled "Why Libraries
Matter: A Story Long Overdue."

The book, in both online and downloadable format, is
available free to all public libraries and elementary
schools in North America for use on their websites.
"Why Libraries Matter: A Story Long Overdue" is the
charming tale, told in rhyming verse, of a young girl
who shows her family and neighbors how important the
library is to them and their community.

The link below is an example of what the icon will
look like on your website. It will also give you the
opportunity to view, download, and e-mail the book for
yourself.
http://www.librariesmatter.com/books/index.cfm

The project is the latest in a series of initiatives
from the Alliance Library System who, last year,
introduced the Libraries Matter campaign
(ww.LibrariesMatter.com ) to public libraries across
the world.

"We wanted to raise awareness," says Kitty Pope,
Executive Director of Alliance, "and thought, what
better way than to produce a book about 'Why Libraries
Matter'? One of Alliance's main goals is to develop
webcontent for our members." So Ms. Pope amd her team
contacted TumbleBooks Inc., a company which
specializes in creating animated, taking picture books
for their online collection, TumbleBookLibrary, which
is used by over 2000 public libraries and elementary
schools across the world.

"We're a TumbleBookLibrary subscriber," explains Pope,
"and we just love TumbleBooks. We thought it would be
a perfect way to publish and distribute the book."

The result is an animated, talking picture book which
can be viewed online, downloaded, and even e-mailed to
friends and family. Alliance and TumbleBooks are
providing the book for free to public libraries and
elementary schools. It is the first in a series of
awareness and fundraising projects Alliance and
TumbleBooks will be collaborating on.

To receive "Why Libraries Matter: A Story Long
Overdue" for your website, or for more information
about the book and campaign, contact:

Ron Zevy
President
TumbleBooks Inc