Dear Cheri
Whilst I know the laws between our two countries are very different, here in
Australia publishing of
names on the www comes under the Privacy Act.  Therefore, we have to have written
parental
permission to publish the full name of any student under the age of 18 just in case
the publication
may put the child in danger of an estranged parent or whatever, because the www is
so easy to
search..  This is not the case if it is going on a username/password-protected
intranet.  We have a
similar thing for media coverage - parents who don't want their students to be
photographed by the
media should they come to the school let us know in writing at the beginning of the
school year.

So perhaps you could let your high school parents know of your intentions and they
can opt out of
having their child's name published. I prefer opting-in myself because then you are
really sure they
got the message, but opting-out might be more manageable in terms of keeping track
of names.
Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian