Here’s the list of books and ideas that I got so far for math titles in our
literacy library.  Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

"The Math Curse"

Take a look at the booklist recommended by the Everday Mathematics program.  (Our
school using this math program, and I recently had a grant which allowed me to add
the recommended books to the library.)
Here's a link:
http://everydaymath.uchicago.edu/educators/books.shtml

I'd personally recommend the Loreen Leedy books.  Fraction Action, 2x2=Boo,
Mission: Addition, and others.

Books by Greg Tang

Check out the PowerMath series of books from the Rosen Publishing Group's PowerKids
Press.  There are numerous titles to select from with each title covering a
different math topic.  I ordered 30 books from this series and my math teachers
love them.  They read them to the kids in class to introduce and/or reinforce
concepts.  They are interesting and informative.

Many of Mitsumaso Anno's books are excellent.
Counting on Frank by Clement
David Schwartz books
Arthur Geisert books -like Roman Numerals I to MM

What's your angle, Pythagoras? by Julie Ellis

Have you seen Math Man? There's a series of math titles from Kane Press, called
Math Matters, that's got some cute books.  And how about Andrew Clements' new book,
Lunch Money, or Greg Tangs' math riddle books? David Schwartz's G is for Googol is
good, too, and there's a teacher's guide for it at Ten Speed Press's website. My
favorite applied math books are The Math Chef (cooking) and Amazing Origami (the
geometry of origami). Let me know if you need more - our math teacher and I have
attended a number of workshops geared to the topic of math in literature.

It came with their Everyday Math series. Some of the books on there are:
Fraction Action by Loreen Leedy
A Chair for My Mother by Vera Williams
Is a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There Is? by Robert E Wells
The Librarian Who Measured the Earth by Kathryn Lasky
What's Smaller Than a Pygmy Shrew? by Robert Wells
The Boy Who Reversed Himself by William Sleator
Esio Trot by Roald Dahl

The Quilt-Block History of Pioneer Days by Mary Cobb
The Seasons Sewn: A Year in Patchwork by Ann Whitford Paul
Do you Wanna Bet? Your Chance to Find Out About Probability by Jean Cushman
How to Get Fabulously Rich by Thomas Rockwell
The Adventures of Penrose the Mathematical Cat by Theoni Pappas
G Is for Googol: A Math Alphabet Book by David M. Schwartz
Math Talk: Mathematical Ideas in Poems for Two Voices by Theoni Pappas

Thanks also to Debbie Williams offered to send me an extensive list when I send her
my fax number.  Her school is participating in a program called TEAM Math and the
titles were given to her math teachers at a workshop at Auburn University.
She says that “many of the titles are k - 3 but our math teachers are reading
these aloud each day as introductory activites and the kids are loving it.”