Dear LM_NET Colleagues,

Please spread the word: Avoid using the so called anti-spam service called
DropSpam. It is deadly to listservers. One of our members is using it and
it is causing serious problems for those of us moderating LM_NET already.

Here is what is happening: If you post to LM_NET you will receive a
message from the spammer (DropSpam) that pretends to be an anti-spam
company. Do NOT do what they say in their message to you.

DropSpam already tricked at least one member of LM_NET into installing
their software, and they refuse to tell me who it is, so that I can drop
them. If ten of you were using their so called anti-spam software, each
person posting would receive their solicitation, and if 100 of us were
using it, each person posting would receive 100 such messages-- and we
have NOT authorized them to use our name.

Here is a portion of their message.