WOW!  Thanks for the wonderful responses!!  I'm going with "You AUTUMN
make time for reading!"  Here are the rest of the responses...

My in-the-library board has a huge I Spy poster on it, with the words I
SPY
in caps over it. The kids can stand in front of it and look for the
listed
items. The I Spy books are popular this year, so this went over well.
The
outside-the-door board says "Bring in your pennies" and is decorated
with
fake larger-than-life pennies and cut outs of stars (to publicize our
penny
contest that's raising money for hurricane relief).

There's a generic one that I've used:

"Fall Into a Good Book"  (using leaves and kids and books--reading
around trees with leaves changing colors---or just leaves dropping with
the titles of books on them)

This type of "autumn" bulletin board works until Thanksgiving but
doesn't promote a holiday (so you don't have to take it down so
quickly).

I'm not too artsy-craftsy either, but I change my small display area
every two weeks or so.  Right now, I have up "Fall Into a Good Book".  I
have a brown background, with red, yellow and orange leaves.  I use the
die cut leaves, and just type the words in the biggest font on my
computer.  I plan on changing the sign in early November to "Be Thankful
for Good Books!", but keeping the leaves up.  Underneath this wall I
have a table with books displayed.  I'm set until December now!

If you want to personalize it, you can have the students write the
names of their favorite books on the leaves before stapling them up.  I
don't have enough room for that, but it sure sounds cute.

I decorated my bulliten board with pumpkins and leaves and wrote "You
AUTUMN-make time for reading!"  It gets a few chuckles.

Sometimes it can be something as simple as just pictures.  I've used
pictures of people reading.  Maybe pictures of people playing sports.

One year I did a bulletin board with a whale and book covers.  It was
for National Whale Watching Week (or Month) I don't remember (it was
over 37 years ago).

One thing I do now, mount whatever I'm doing on bulletin board paper,
cut the paper in half, length wise, and laminate. Once it's laminated
and trimmed use heavy duty clear packing tape on the back to put the
bulleting board back together. I've used the same bulletin boards for
years. I try to do new ones, but I don't always have the time.

I saw this posted to LM_NET several years ago - it's
cute if you have access to old neckties --

1] Get a 3D turkey of some sort - tissue egg style, or
a beanie baby, etc.
2] Cut off old neckties to fan on your bulletin board
as a turkey tail
3] Position 3D turkey in the center of his new "tie"
tail.

Your slogan can be something like "Let's talk turkey"
"Don't be a turkey, READ"
"Turkey Tales" for Thanksgiving books, etc.

I have the ties and a Beanie turkey or two stashed
away - haven't used them in years.  Might have to get
them out this year.

I don't know how "cute" it is but I put up one that say Fall into a
Good
Book, with Fall being staggered down. I have a tree with leaves falling
off.
The leaves have titles of books. I added some pumpkins, etc. & plan to
keep
it up until Thanksgiving. I'm not very creative so you could probably
add to
it to jazz it up.

I often look in Upstart or Demco for ideas and then make them simpler
using
an overhead or opaque projector.

http://www.mcdonald.k12.oh.us/es/A_Plus%20Bulletin/index.htm

I was just brainstorming ideas for this same topic on my way home from
work!
I work at a K-8 school and have been booktalking a different genre to
my
classes every week for the past three.  I was thinking of putting up
the
words "GENRE- Variety is the SPICE of life".  I'd use fall colors to
create
the words, make up different Spice jars and label each a different
genre.
Then I'll print off copies of coordinating book covers and put them
'inside'
the jars.  I haven't really thought this completely through.... I was
going
to work on it this weekend.

I like to borrow my bulletin board ideas from these two websites.  The
second link is geared more toward secondary, but they're really for
anybody.  They've got lots of cute ideas and pictures!  The second
link
has a section all about hoidays and seasons.

http://www.scsc.k12.ar.us/memos/TeacherMemos/BBs.htm

http://www2.clayton.k12.ga.us/OLD/edusvc/instruct/bulletinboards/

I have up the cutest bulletin board right now that will take me into
Christmas. I have blue background paper with a fence I purchased in a
fall bulletin board kit (it would be simple to make). I have three
"mini" scarecrows made out of my children's clothes reading book
jackets. It says "Fall Into Reading". It's adorable and the students and
teachers love it. I will send you a picture. Hope this helps!

Hi,  I love making bulletin boards, but I don't share that with
administration!!  They'll have me doing all of them.  The hard part is
coming up with an idea, I'm better at taking an idea and building on
it.
Anyways, I love using fabric for the background, it's much easier than
that yucky paper!  It's easier to manipulate.  So I found some great
black
and white material (looks like an Escher, has a small print), I bought
big spider web at the hobby shop, it had a large spider on it.  The
message I made was "get caught reading", on the board are some
"scarry"
bookcovers.  We've been taking digital photos of the students reading
in
the library and mounting them on black paper.  We hope to fill up the
board with photos.  Hope this helps!!

Fall into a good book

Give thanks for books (or reading.)

Gobble up a good book

Library Sparks magazine has great ideas for bulletin boards each
month.

I took book covers and scattered then about with orange, yellow, red
and
brown leaves with the phrase "Fall in to a good book".  Pretty simple
not
especially catchy, but easy to put up and not particularly time
consuming  either.