Following are the responses to the music magazine subscriptions in high
school libraries.

**I'm going to plug Guitar World....

We've subscribed to it at my house for years and my husband and I plus
my 2 teenagers (1 boy, 1 girl) all read it.  It has articles about
popular musicians which is what the kids like.  It also has guitar tab
to learn how to play the songs.  Plus lots of equipment articles and ads
which also hold high appeal.  I would go for this over Rolling Stone
simply because of the language issue.  I love Rolling Stone, but it's a
bit over the top w/ language in some articles.  I'm no prude by any
means, but I know this is a major issue w/ the magazine.  I also would
not recommend Spin... it's even MORE over the top w/ language than RS!

**I subscribe to Guitar World as a HS music magazine. Student Council
asked me to subscribe to that specific title. (I had asked them as
representatives of the student body what they thought would be good.)
We've subscribed for 5 years now and no one has asked/suggested anything
else.

**We have been very happy with the content in Guitar magazine.

There are lots of articles with "meat", not fluff. There is sheet music
that the kids (especially boys) love to read.

There are surprisingly no (OK, one) print ads with naughty bits.

There is a pick company that advertises with a chick shot from behind.

It is justifiable considering content and interest level.

Carol E. Niemi, Librarian

St. Francis High School Library

Where Christ is the reason for the school

Traverse City, MI 49684

cniemi@gtacs.org