Thanks for all your quick responses!  This will really help me on
Monday.

Original Post:

I have a student who has read The Series of Unfortunate Events,
Spiderwick Series, and the Eddie Dickens Trilogy.  I want to find some
more titles that are along the same line.  Any suggestions?

The Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart

The Pendragon Series by DJ MacHale

Roald Dahl’s books like James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the
Chocolate Factory

The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud – The first two are called The
Amulet of Samarkind and Golem's Eye

Amelia Atwater Rhodes has a five-book series - The first two are called
Hawksong and Snakecharmer.

Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix.

Edgar and Ellen Series by Charles Ogden

The website http://www.njyac.org/ has lists of read alikes.

This site is specifically for read alikes like Lemonny Snickett's books
 http://www.njyac.org/booklists/ls.php  There are too many to list.  It
is a really good resource.

Ann Wonderly
Librarian