Thanks to all of you who sent suggestions.  My original post was:
> Our 6th grade Social Studies classes include a Revolutionary War novel
> study.  The teachers are looking for some new ideas for novels to use.
> They would like to find some with male protagonists and they should be
> at a middle school reading/interest level.  Novels they have used in
> the past include:
>> My Brother Sam is Dead - James Lincoln Collier
>> Betsy Zane the Rose of Fort Henry - Lynda Durrant
>> The Fifth of March - Ann Rinaldi
>> The Year of the Hangman - Gary Blackwood
>> Johnny Tremain - Esther Forbes
> Please let me know of any novels that may help them.

Avi, 1937-.  The fighting ground.  New York : HarperCollins,
                 1987, c1984.  Thirteen-year-old Jonathan goes off to
fight
                 in the Revolutionary War and discovers the real war is
being
                 fought within himself.
Denenberg, Barry.  The journal of William Thomas Emerson, a
                 Revolutionary War patriot.  1st ed.  New York :
Scholastic,
                 1998.  William, a twelve-year-old orphan, writes of his
                 experiences in pre-Revolutionary War Boston where he
joins
                 the cause of the patriots who are opposed to the British
                 rule.
Gregory, Kristiana.  The winter of red snow : the Revolutionary
                 War diary of Abigail Jane Stewart.  New York :
Scholastic
                 Inc., c1996.  Eleven-year-old Abigail presents a diary
                 account of life in Valley Forge from December 1777 to
July
                 1778 as General Washington prepares his troops to fight
the
                 British.
Rinaldi, Ann.  Cast two shadows : the American Revolution in the
                 South.  New York : Harcourt Brace, c1998.  In South
Carolina
                 in 1780, a young girl sees the Revolutionary War take a
                 terrible toll among her family and friends.
McGovern, Ann.  The secret soldier : the story of Deborah
                 Sampson.  New York : Scholastic, c1975.  A brief
biography
                 of the woman who disguised herself as a man and joined
the
                 Continental Army during the Revolutionary War.

The Keeping Room by Ann Myers.  I read aloud the Keeping Room to our
5th graders who study the Revolution and they enjoyed it.

Please use my historical fiction site
http://bookgirl3.tripod.com/historicalfiction.html
(Note:  unfortunately, this was blocked by my school district, but I
tried it from home and it looks great!)

Soldiers Heart by Gary Paulsen

Collier, James Lincoln.  The Bloody Country
Forman, James.  The Cow Neck Rebels
O'Dell, Scott.  Sarah Bishop
Paulsen, Gary.  The Rifle
The Bloody Country starts during the Revolution, but its focus is the
Pennamite War in the 1790's.  The Rifle also starts in the Colonial
Period, but then goes into the 20th c.

Fever 1793
Any of the My Name is America, and Dear America Series perhaps?

Kris Kauffmann
Library Assistant
Pocahontas Middle School
Richmond, Virginia