Hi everyone.  This year I have some students who are needing critical analysis of
Yann Martel's Life of Pi.  Because this is a relatively new novel by a Canadian
author (and our sources lack depth on him), I have done an exhaustive search and
found only a few things that meet their needs.  There are three articles that look
very promising, but I don't have access to them at this time, and by the time I get
the vendor added to our approved vendor list, apply for a purchase order numbe,
submit it, and wait for the materials to arrive,  it will be long past the time the
articles will be of any use to the students.   If anyone has access to any of the
following articles and could fax a copy to me, I would appreciate it.

From the New York Times
Tiger in a Lifeboat, Panther in a Lifeboat: A Furor Over a Novel  By LARRY ROHTER
THE ARTS/CULTURAL DESK  | November 6, 2002

From Studies in Canadian Literature

"'Hollow at the Core: Deconstructing Yann Martel's Life of Pi."  Florence Stratton.
  2004.  29 (2): 5-21.
ISSN:  0380-6995

"Believing in Tigers: Anthropomorphism and Incredulity in Yann Martel's Life of Pi"
by Stewart Cole, published in Studies in Canadian Literature, Summer 2004, v 29, p
22+

Thanks for any help you may give.

Vicki Nelson
Librarian