I've been asked to write an article for a national principal's magazine (not a
scholarly journal...a magazine--their words).  The topic is "Reading the Research:
examining the various print and online resources available to principals, how to
access them, and how to determine their validity."

While I've done this with students, this will have a different "spin"---what does a
principal NEED to know about resources available to them?

I'd LOVE to add that information about the librarians being the best resource
within the school and the research that supports the impact that libraries have on
student achievement, but I will need to make this more "leisurely" than
"scholarly"....so I'll casually address this without being overbearing (believe it
or not!).

My question to you--- based upon the topic presented, what would you offer YOUR
principal on this subject area---"resources available to principals, how to access
them, and how to determine their validity."    My voice (writing) will be YOUR
voice (through the reading) in this article, so I'm hoping that you'll offer
suggestions that you would like to share with your own principal (or that you HAVE
shared with your principal) about the resources that s/he could use!~

Thanks for the ideas....I'll let you know how things go with this article (it's due
in December---to be published next May!!??)

~Shonda

Shonda Brisco, MLIS
US / Technology Librarian
Fort Worth Country Day School