This is way off topic but with Halloween coming up I am curious if
these are  Anaconda, Montana novelties: did any of you go "mumming" as
in "mum mum mum"  rather than "trick or treat"  when you were young?  I
did this in the 50's so am dating myself a bit.
Also did anyone have "Pitch Ins" before high school football or
basketball games.  While cleaning out my parents home I found a box
labeled Junior Year Pitch In Favors but alas there were other treasures
in the box.  We always had pitch ins with favors (always something to
wear to the game) and food before the games. . .
Happy Halloween and watch out for mummers.

Susan Beall
sbeall@mlsd.wednet.edu
Elementary Library Coordinator
Moses Lake School District