Thanks for those of you who responded.  I have found out more information
concerning the matter.  The boy with the book was reading it on the bus.  There
were a few pictures that showed a naked woman's breast and buttocks.  He then
showed it to another student which caught the attention of a junior high boy.  This
boy then went home and told his mom about the book and what he saw.  She then
called the school and complained about the nudity and "occult" practices in the
book. (I think she was referring to the fact the book is instructions in playing a
game about the origin of vampires).  She then threw a fit that the school would
allow a student to read this kind of book during school and silent reading time or
have a book like that on a school bus.  The vice-principle called the boy in to
have him show him the book and to tell him what had happened.  He also wanted to
know if I knew anything about the book which I didn't.  I looked at the book and
did not find anything that would prevent a high school kid from reading it.  I even
had time trying to find the so called nudity.  When I did, I didn't think it was
anything too graphic (not something you would see on HBO but rather something you
would see on FX).  No one was going to take the book away from the student or
prevent him from reading it.  It was just that no one here had heard of the book or
knew anything about it.  Now that we know, thanks to you guys.  We are now more
informed when we respond back to the parent of the child who complained.  The Book
of NOD is a book about role-playing rules concerning the origin of vampires.  It is
part poems and part story in the depiction that vampires came from Caine in the
Bible.  Thanks for helping me with the situation.  Brenda Lemon  Chapman High
School  Chapman Kansas