for each letter of the alphabet, or one about each kid. You could set it up

ahead of time so you would only have to do minimal typing....

Karen

 Check out the Lesson Plans and Activity Sheets at www.cybersmartcurriculum.org

 I've used several of the offline activities as well as the online material. Karen
C worksheets or games involving tech vocabulary

(jeopardy?  BINGO?  Simon says?.)  For books, I thought maybe Snailmail No More by
Ann Martin & Paula Danziger, but that wouldn't be good for your young ones.
Computer Clues by Judy Delton Cindy Maciog

Are you familar with MacMillan's free site: www.cybersmartcurriculum.org ? If you
go to this site, click on lesson plans and activity sheets near the topof the page
and choose your grade level.  Then when you see topics, click onone.  Near the top
of the next page, usually right under the topic title, youwill be able to click on
a link for the worksheets that go along with the lessonplan.  For example, here's
the link to a lesson for -3rd graders called"What's the Big Idea ?" and under the
title you will see"Download Student Activity Sheet for printout".
http://www.cybersmartcurriculum.org/lesson_plans/23_13.asp  I've used this
wonderful resource at all different levels and actually spent 1/2of one day
printing out all of the lesson plans and handouts. Hope this info helps,Dianie Take
a computer apart and show the students what the main parts are.Teach vocabulary of
the computer--I do this with a bingo game.  I have the site at school--let me know
if you need it.LoriHastings Mi  Do you have some old stuff (disks, computer parts,
etc.) that you or thestudents could take apart to see what's inside?  You could do
a lesson on the parts of the computer and what the function of eachis, how they are
connected, etc.  You could make sure they understand the difference between
hardware andsoftware, plus explain how individual computers are linked in a
network, and tothe internet. Do you have students save info. on disks or on network
space?  There's somethingto explaing to them.Do you have access to any videos about
the aforementioned info?  Might make iteasier for them to understand. (Plus easier
for you to implement.)You could spend the time to let them come up with behavior
rules for computerlab class. You could give a survey to determine levels of
knowledge, as well as attitudestowards computers.Just some ideas - good luck to
you!Beth McCheyne****************Kelly MooreTeacher LibrarianJ.E. Benson School,
Windsor, Ontario, Canadakellmoor@golden.net