Dear Terry, and all our LM_NET colleagues
The extent and effects of Hurricane Katrina continue to be the leading items on our
national news
bulletins, and because so many Australians were in Asia for their Christmas
holidays when the
tsunami was hit, they have a greater idea of the degree of devastation and damage.

Of course our thoughts are with everyone affected in any way, but more than that,
we remember the
generosity shown after our devastating bushfires of 2002-2003, and so your
Australian colleagues
would like to know how we can best help.  Obviously, it is too early yet to do
anything to help
restore schools and libraries - there are more urgent essentials like food, water
and shelter - but
when the time is right, can you please contact us through me with suggestions for
how we can help.

We know about the Louisiana Library Disaster Relief Fund and have the details for
that, and many may
choose to contribute to that especially if it is able to accept credit card
payments.  But if there
is something else we can do, let me know and I will share it with your Aussie
mates.  Maybe you
would even like teddies so the children have something to cuddle in the night  ...
Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian
Palmerston District Primary School