To All
This is a live picture on a web-cam on Hornby Island.  thought you all might
wish to see it.  Save and as the chicks get bigger and watch them fledge.

http://lastream001.galaxytelevision.net/hh001

A local group has mounted a video camera right beside an eagles nest on
Hornby Island... a few kilometers from Qualicum Beach, British Columbia.

It's live streaming video..... but they're having some difficulties with
their Telus link and you might have to go back to it a few times before the
shots cut in. The movement can be kind of 'jerky' sometimes.

.... and yes.... it really is a live picture. Every so often the eagle
leaves the nest for food... and although I've never seen the nest empty... I
m told there is a big egg in there, waiting to be hatched.

Diane Gallagher-Hayashi
Teacher-librarian
Stelly's School
SD63 (Saanich)
Saanichton, B.C.
Canada, V8M 1S8

Diane_Hayashi@sd63.bc.ca
daichan@shaw.ca

Library Anecdote:
Patron: "I am looking for a globe of the earth."
Librarian: "We have a table-top model over here."
Patron: "No, that's not good enough. Don't you have a life-size?"
Librarian: (pause) "Yes, but it's in use right now."
From: Overdue Laughs (http://www.librarysupportstaff.com/libhumor.html)