Jacquie, Our daughter was married this past August, attached is
the song that she and her Dad danced to.  It was her suggestion and
her Dad and I thought the sentiment was beautiful.  Her Dad had to keep

listening
to it so he wouldn't cry through the dance!  Enjoy the wedding it was my

favorite
day after her birth.

Daughters by John Mayer
I know a girl
She puts the color inside of my world
and she's just like a maze
Where all of the walls all continually change

And I've done all I can
To stand on the steps with my heart in my hand
Now I'm starting to see
Maybe it's got nothing to do with me

Fathers be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters, too

Ooh, you see that skin
It's the same she's been standing in
Since the day she saw him walking away
Now she's left cleaning up the mess he made

So fathers be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters, too

Boys you can't break
You find out how much they can take
Boys will be strong and boys soldier on
But boys would be gone without warmth from a woman's good, good heart

On behalf of every man, looking out for every girl
You are the god and the weight of her world

So fathers be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters, too
So mothers be good to your daughters, too
So mothers be good to your daughters, too

***
This DJ website has a section of bride and father and groom and mother

dance songs:

http://www.djdanceok.com/wedding%20music.html#Father%20of%20the%20Bride%20

Dance

***

Father's Love by Bob Carlisle; My Father's Eyes by Amy Grant; Hero by

Mariah
Carey; I Am Your Child by Barry Manilow (my personal favorite); Have I

Told
You Lately by Rod Stewart.  You can also go to WeddingChannel.com do a

short
registration and listen to any type of wedding reception music you need.

My daughter is getting married - outside - in Colorado in June so I am

right
there with you!!!!
Good Luck!

***
Go to http://www.radiodelilah.com/home/home.html She has song lists for
all kinds of occasions.  I used her site to put together a CD for my
daughter's college graduation.  I still can't listen to it without
weeping. I Hope You Dance still makes me dissolve into a puddle every
time I hear it!

At the same time I made a mother-daughter CD and it rips me up, too.  I
guess I'm just an old softie!  I shared the disks with my mother and
other family members.  A picture of the two of us at graduation graces
the front of the CD for graduation and a darling picture of us together
when she was young is on the front of the other.  They are definite
keepsakes.

You will want to keep a copy of your wedding cd and maybe even give them
out to your guests as a keepsake?????

Anyway, try that web site, it is likely going to be your one stop shop
for wedding music.

PS  I got remarried 5 years ago and the last song, the recessional was
I Feel Good by James Brown :)  It made everyone laugh :)
I have time to kill, we are at parent conferences and the library is
"dead".  So here is your list for you.  But still, go to the web site.
It is a fabulous resource!.

Here at The Delilah Show, we get SO many requests for wedding song
suggestions, we've decided to compile a list of our favorites for you to
check out. Plenty of the songs listed below can be found on Delilah's
exclusive 'The Wedding Collection CD' available in our 'Delilah Shop'.
Just click on the 'Shop' link at the top of this page to get this and
other exclusive Delilah CD's and gifts. All of the other songs can be
found on CD's available on our 'Delilah's Jukebox' pages, just click on
the link below to go back to the main jukebox page and select
alphabetically from there. We have also picked out a few other wedding
CD's that are great choices to help make your special day a memorable
occasion.

Jacquie

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for
poetry and to put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American
way."

From The Philadelphia Inquirer, 9-20-03
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jacquie Henry, MLS