I have heard from a couple of people with first-hand knowledge of the
Secrets of Dripping Fang series. I had read the reviews and asked for
someone who had the books to contact me. These are the responses I
received. Knowing how much my kids love the Zack Files books by the same
author, I am sure I will buy them soon!

I reviewed the first one and bought it for my K-6 library.   They're very
typical of Greenburg's style - if your kids like the Maximum Boy books,
they'll probably like these.  They tend to play up the gross humor - the
main characters have a perpetually runny nose and really bad foot odor.
Overall, not high literature, but good for 3rd or 4th grade boys.

I have a second grade son and he ABSOLUTELY LOVES them.  He started the
first one and was so excited to read book two that he read right through
his favorite TV show (LOST) !  I need to mention that this is not like
him, and he has never read a chapter book for over an hour in one sitting
before.  Needless to say, I think they are great.  They certainly appeal
to younger boys and, although they have zombies, vampires and man-eating
ants...they really are pretty harmless.  ( I also should mention that the
father of the orphans was thought to have died in a port-a-potty accident,
but now, in book three it appears that he may be alive... )

Thanks!
Nancy Dickinson, Librarian
Hillsboro Elem. School
284 Winchester Hwy.