Since several people asked for more info, I figured I would post what
I knew.

As an owner of a Chrysler vehicle, I get a magazine 3--4 times a year
detailing new vehicle info, car care tips, etc.

The Spring/Summer 2006 edition of _Chrysler_ (p. 59) has this:

"Drive for the Kids"  - Test drive a Chrysler and get money for your
kids' school...
"That's the essence of Chrysler's Drive for the Kids program. It's
easy: Local Chrysler dealers team up with your school parent-teacher
organization and bring an assortment of vehicles to an upcoming
social activity -- say, an ice cream social or carnival, While the
kids are playing, parents inspect and test drive. For every test
drive and completed product evaluation, Chrysler donates $5 to the
school, on top of the original  $50 they pay the school for hosting
the event.
"The school is so appreciative of our help and the parents work so
hard to make the event happen,", said Sam Stevens, president of Sam
Stevens Motors in Amory, Missisiippi. "It's a very positive
experience for them and our staff." Steven Birkhead, sales manager of
Mike Quinn Dodge Chrysler in Tulsa, Oklahoma, agrees. "I didn't
realize $400 or $500 meant so much to the PTA, " he says. " Drive for
the Kids is really appreciated by the parents."

  I've contacted 5 local dealerships -- 1 is moving and does not
participate, one does not participate (the sales person that answered
the phone had to check with a manager as she had never heard of this
program)  and 3 others have to check with their managers (because
they had no clue what I was talking about) and get back to me.

  I will be calling Chrysler HQ in the AM to find out more about this
program, before I pass it along to my PTA.

Suzanne Ng, Librarian
South Mountain Elem. School
South Orange, NJ 07079
email: sng@somsd.k12.nj.us