Hi friends,

A lady from our county historical society came to visit me today, and that group is
wanting to set up a computerized system for their holdings.  She couldn't give me
any idea how many items they own, but, as you can imagine, it's all sorts of
things!  They have books, objects, vertical file materials, and alll kinds of
interesting odditites.

They would be starting at zero--no shelf-list cards, so existing system, no
nothing.  Any work on their part would strictly be volunteer--they have a couple of
retired librarian's names to MAYBE direct the process--and untrained in library
ways, but certainly willing to do anything.

Do you have any suggestions on a software system for them?  We use Follett at our
library, and I have no real experience with anything else, and I'm sure there's
somthing out there made more specifically for their type of situation.  They could
probably afford to spend around $5,000 for the whole shebang--inputting the
information and the system itself.

Thank you so much on their behalf,

Emily Mulch, librarian
Great Bend High School
Great Bend, KS
mulche@usd428.org

Emily, the library goddess
It's great to be a Great Bend High Panther!