Here is my original question regarding sports non-fiction and a list of the
information I received.  Thank you everone so much!

Laura Burns, LMS
Reedy Creek Elementary
Charlotte, NC
laura.burns@cms.k12.nc.us

In our K-5 media center, we are woefully lacking in non-fiction sports books.  Do
you have any recommendations for any good series or specific titles in this area?
TIA!
SUGGESTIONS:
Game Day Series by Nick Fauchald
Sports and Activities Series - Pebble Plus - Capstone Press
Gail Gibbons has some as well.
Extreme Sports series by Capstone Press.  www.capstonepress.com

MidAmerica has some good titles
Have you looked at the Matt Christopher books? He has a lot of sports
books, both fiction and nonfiction.

Junior Library Guild now has a Sports subscription for elementary readers. I
subscribed and I have been very happy with the selections. Since it's only
one book a month it might not build your collection up very quickly. You
could also do a subject search on Follet.
I've got the DK Eyewitness books that are sports related -- Sports,
Olympics, Football, Soccer,   I also have a few DK -- Guides --
Basketball is the one hat I can think of here at home.

I also have some that are sports team related, but they get outdated
so  quickly. Also, New True Books have some sports ones in that series.

Series by author Bryant Lloyd and is published by Rourke Publishing :
Basketball -  court & equipment ; pass, shoot, and dribble; rules of
the game;  the defense; the offense; the fundamentals
Baseball - books on batting; field & equipment ; pitching; rules of
the game; positions ; run, throw and catch
Football - equipment; pass, punt and kick'; rules of the game;
defense; offense; fundamentals
Soccer - I thought there was a soccer one... maybe it's by a different author?

My junior high students enjoy the Sports in Action series from Crabtree.
There are 20+ books in the series, and most of them are 4th or 5th grade
reading level.

The girls also enjoy the Snap Books Cheerleading series by Jen Jones.

The Reading Power series by Power Kids Press has some wonderful 1st grade level
books on specific players in different sports including Kobe Bryant.  I also got a
group of books in on football teams entitled Super Bowl Champions.  These 12 books
have an AR level of 2.7 and I cannot keep them on the shelves.