Tanya,
If it is a particular reader's theater production she needs -- the
admin. is most likely correct.

However, if it is reader's theater in general, Toni Buzzeo has
created some very fine reader's theater scripts and they are
published in School Library Media Activities Monthly -- and a new
publication from Highsmith/Upstart --

Read! Perform! Learn!
(1 Product)     Other
10 Reader's Theater Programs for Literacy Enhancement

Toni Buzzeo
Liven up your library lessons with fun reader's theater programs! The
ten scripts in Read! Perform! Learn! make it easy for all of your
students to be involved in each performance. Each chapter includes an
introduction to the book and script, an author interview, the
reader's theater script and corresponding activities that connect to
content standards. Scripts for Dinosnores, The Recess Queen, Chicken
Soup by Heart, Mudball and many more popular books are included.

Grades K-5. 128 pp. ISBN 1-932146-59-8 2006.

Go to http://www.highsmith.com and search for Toni Buzzeo and you
will come right up with this book.  I think you will love it.
Sharron

>Hi All-
>I have a teacher who would like to use a book for reader's theater
>in class.  What is the copyright on this?  She was told by admin.
>she could not copy pages from the book to do a quick reading in
>class.  Any help asap would be great!
>Tanya Cambre Bares, MLIS
>Librarian
>Cathedral-Carmel School, Lafayette, LA
>tbares@cathedralcarmel.com

Sharron L. McElmeel
http://www.mcelmeel.com

McBookwords (a literacy organization)
http://www.mcbookwords.com/

Instructor - University of Wisconsin-Stout
http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/childrenslit

3000 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411-9548

ph. (319) 393-2562
fax (319) 393-4749 (If line is busy, initiate a voice call and ask
that the line be made available for a fax transmission.)
mcelmeel@mcelmeel.com