Thanks for all the responses to my question of your favorite subscription
databases.
Here are the responses:

My most favorite databases are Britannica and ProQuest. Britannica because
you also get access to Compton's Encyclopedia, which they bought a few
years ago.  ProQuest because it's more user-friendly than Ebsco and
includes historical newspapers.  I also really like Biography Resource
Center from Gale.  Those are the three that get the most use in our
community, as well.
and Grolier Online. These along with our state databases that include
SIRS, InfoTrac, KidBits, elibrary Elementary, and World Almanac provide us
with more than enough information.
++++++++++++++++
I highly recommend NetTrekker at http://elementary.nettrekker.com I really
like this for elementary aged students because the articles and sights are
differentiated into different reading levels according to grade level. So
my second graders can find something they can read, which can be difficult
with some of our other databases. I also recommend culture grams at
http://online.culturegrams.com This is great for any geography or culture
units.
We like BrainPop in addition to those that you already subscribe to.  It's
pretty cheap- about 500 bucks per year for a school-wide license.  It's
primarily for children in grades 3 and up.

Maureen Mooney, LMS
Caroline Street School
Saratoga Springs, NY
mm9161@albany.edu