From: "Kay Goss" <klg@TNP.MORE.NET>
To: <LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:52 AM
Subject: [LM_NET] SHARE: Potrayal in Stephen King's Cell

I started reading Cell by Stephen King last night. The protagonist is an
artist/graphic novelist who has been making his living as an itinerant art
teacher in rural Maine. He is in Boston to sell his novel when things begin
to happen.
I enjoyed this paragraph. If you are not a fan of King's gruesome
descriptions, skip to the end.

"They stopped again in front of Colonial Books (Best of the Old, Best of the
New), watching as the unlikely victor of the T station battle went striding
into the park in the direction of the burning plane, with blood dripping
onto her collar from the ends of her zero-tolerance gray hair. Clay wasn't a
bit surprised that the last one standing had turned out to be the lady who
looked like a librarian or Latin teacher a year or two away from a gold
watch. He had taught with his share of such ladies, and the ones who made it
to that age were, more often than not next door to indestructible."   From
Cell by Stephen King

Kay Goss
Director, Library Media Services
Mansfield Secondary Library