Dear Netters,

I am pre-viewing books for my middle school library.  These books are from
Smart Apple Media in their World Issues series.  In looking through the
Abortion book, I found what is obviously a biased viewpoint.  On pages 19
and 20 you will find photos of a fetus.  When you read the caption it is
implied that these fetus's are 12  and 20 weeks old.  Obviously they are
much older, but the reader would not necessarily  know this.  Therefore, I
feel I can't trust any books in this series to present both sides of the
issues and I will not order any of these books.  If you have these books in
your library you may want to reconsider.

Bacon, Beth. _World Issues: Abortion. Chrysalis Ed. 2005. 1-59389-157-1.
Distributed by Smart Apple Media.

Mindy Linthicum
Newman Middle School
mlinthicum@skiatook.k12.ok.us