I have been on spring break this week, and as part of my vacation have been
catching up on some reading. The "social tagging", "digital tagging",
"folksonomies" have caught my interest. (For those who want to know more
check out the LM_NET archives, under tagging or digital tagging. I also
found the wikipedia article helpful http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folksonomy)

I want to include this topic in the next newsletter that my ET and I create
for our faculty.

In my reading, a number of "services" were listed. All seem similar in that
you register for the service, web sites are saved using your own "tags", in
conjunction with your browser. However, I don't want to sign up for all of
the services, just to see. So I am asking the LM_NET combined tech wisdom.
If you use one of these below, would you answer a few questions?  I will
then post a hit.

The services;
Furl www.furl.net
Spurl.net http://spurl.net/
Pluck - Shadows.com http://www.shadows.com
Wists http://www.wists.com/ It's part Del.icio.us and part Flickr.
Jots.com http://jots.com/
Del.icio.us http://del.icio.us/

The questions;
Requires registration? Free? Subscription for enhanced service?
Requires special plugin or toolbar?
Can be shared, i.e. could direct students or teachers to your list?
Lists can be exported as a bookmark or favorites list?
Ever have any issues with your school's filter and accessing these services?
If you use more than one, which do like the best and why?
Any other information you would share?

Deborah Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden, Germany